This microphone is designed mainly for making binaural recordings, but it can also successfully serve as a stereo lavalier microphone, or a microphone for recording ambient sounds, instruments etc.
It uses two matched condenser microphone capsules with a sensitivity of -28dB, what along with very low self-noise makes them ideal for recording quiet sounds. In order to operate properly the microphones require an external power supply with a minimum voltage of 3V.
The shielded microphone cable has a total length of 1.5 m and is capped with 3.5mm gold-plated stereo jack.
It comes with two microphone holders, and the additional windshields that are shown in the pictures.
The microphones are designed in such a way that they fit perfectly to the silicone ears available HERE. The microphones can also be sucessfuly used with the B1-E Dummy Heads.
The silicone ears are not included.
- Directional Characteristic: Omnidirectional
- Sensitivity: -28 +/- 3dB at 1kHz (0dB=1V/Pa) RL=2.7 kΩ, Vcc= 3V
- Impedance: 1.5 kΩ +/- 30% at 1kHz (RL=2.7 kΩ)
- S/N Ratio: 80 dB Typ. at 1kHz (1Pa, A weighted network)
- Operating Voltage: 3V (2V-10V)
- Max SPL: 119 dB S. P. L. (Typ.) at 1kHz Distortion level 3% max